for Creative, Eco-Concious Fashionistas

Welcome to a place where you can express your creativity while leaving a smaller footprint on the Earth. Use your finds from thrift, consignment, and Vintage shops to DESIGN!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Made a project with the Island Fantasy embroidery designs.



Island Fantasy Beach Bag - Perfect for a trip to a resort, going on a cruise, or to fill with fabric. This is the perfect example of "Altered Style". I purchased the bag because it had that grass skirt fringe and I knew I wouldn't be able to find it anywhere. I loved the lining and hey, the bag was already quilted. You can't ask for more than that. So I used the mermaid embroidery design as the focus and added the dolphins. I used the mirror image feature and made one of the dolphins smaller. I used "free motion" to create shimmering silver waves and framed it with a trim that looked like hand crocheted trim. I love that the bag already had my favorite colors of green and brown so I made a bow with chocolate brown and green/white polka dot grosgrain ribbon. Whew. Finished it just in time to send to John Deer of Adorable Designs. He was on his way to a Dealer Convention. I know he'll have a great show. Hope you'll try making this bag too!

No comments: