for Creative, Eco-Concious Fashionistas

Welcome to a place where you can express your creativity while leaving a smaller footprint on the Earth. Use your finds from thrift, consignment, and Vintage shops to DESIGN!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Altered Style: sewing and embellishing wearable fashions

This is my latest favorite book! It can be yours too. Visit my website www.stephaniekimura.com. I also have an events page that will keep you up to date as I travel. Hope to meet you in my travels.

This book is full of projects that help you "upcycle" the clothes that you already have. If you own them...then you loved them at one time. So, just embellish and update the look. I was at an upscale boutique in Palm Beach Gardens yesterday and "acid washed" denim is BACK....shades of yesteryear.

Get the Clorox bleach pen and doodle designs all over your denim. Check the manufacturers instructions to set and wash out. Once the color is gone you can replace the color in that bleached area with a Tsukineko textile pen.
Say what you mean...
Mean what you say...
Put it in writing...
Wear it on your sleeve.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: