for Creative, Eco-Concious Fashionistas

Welcome to a place where you can express your creativity while leaving a smaller footprint on the Earth. Use your finds from thrift, consignment, and Vintage shops to DESIGN!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ribbon Flower STEPS






I only had a half hour to play so I decided to create something with the leftover ribbons on my desk. I love to layer ribbons and mix up the textures. I got one of the ribbons from a sale at the Sewing Studio. There's always something interesting on sale and it's all NEW stuff! Pat's husband Mark finds unusual trims and laces. So...
1. I gathered up two kinds of grosgrain ribbon and a pink faux crochet trim.
2. I sewed the narrow green and black polka dot ribbon down the center of the brown one. I
cut the ends on a diagonal to keep them from fraying. Then, I sewed the pink trim to the
edge of the brown ribbon. To stop the pink trim from fraying, I dotted the ends with
"Fray Check". When it dries, the pink trim is still soft.
3. I hand sewed long running stitches on the edge of the brown ribbon and pulled to gather.
4. I formed the gathered ribbon into a circle.
5. I put a dot of glue at the ends. A bit of the pink
trim was rolled up and glued in the center. This glue comes out of the tube "tacky" and
ready to hold.

No comments: